- The Apple Cup is one of the most ridiculous names for a college football rivalry. It sounds like the name of a championship in a Backyard Sports game.
- The SEC is still by far the best conference. Florida beat FSU, South Carolina beat Clemson, and Vandy drilled Wake Forest. C’mon ACC!
- Notre Dame is going to the National Championship! They have yet to play an SEC team this year, but they should get their chance in January.
- The way Auburn got worse over the course of this season was amazing. No wonder they elected to fire Gene Chizik yesterday!
- Duke is absolutely filthy this year. They have already logged wins over two teams who made the Final Four last March: Louisville and Kentucky.
- The Battle 4 Atlantis, broadcasted by NBC Sports, was by far the best Tournament on over the past couple of weeks. Still, NBC Sports needs to work on their coverage. Donny Marshall doesn’t offer a whole lot of insight!!
- Indiana can score! They have gone over 85 points four times already this year.
- UCLA is mediocre. Again. How come the media overrates them at the start of each year? Recruiting rankings only matter so much.
- The ACC-Big Ten Challenge is going to be awesome! Who’s ready for Indiana-UNC, Michigan-NC State, and Duke-Ohio State?